svn bootscripts

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 31 16:28:42 PDT 2011

On 05/31/2011 10:21 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Thanks for the input.  Personally, I like php for scripting, but that
> isn't appropriate for LFS.
>
> Perhaps we are overthinking here.  The trouble I had was using
> install_initd in the lfs-bootscripts Makefile.  If we just get that
> fixed and put Dan's initd-tools in BLFS, it would work out.  After all,
> we don't make LFS completely LSB compatible (e.g. no package manager),
> so postponing initd-tools seems reasonable.
Yeah, I had thought about PHP, and I know you are good at that. I
suppose waiting until BLFS would work, then it could be up the user to
select which tool set is best for them. I don't exactly like that idea
personally, but it should provide a working compromise. Gimme a day to
figure out how to handle the Makefile and we'll see if it is a plausible
solution or not--install_initd should be used if available (think
upgrades) with a fallback to a predefined order if not, for new installs.

-- DJ Lucas