svn bootscripts

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com
Tue May 31 19:11:45 PDT 2011

On 5/31/11 7:28 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Yeah, I had thought about PHP, and I know you are good at that. I
> suppose waiting until BLFS would work, then it could be up the user to
> select which tool set is best for them. I don't exactly like that idea
> personally, but it should provide a working compromise. Gimme a day to
> figure out how to handle the Makefile and we'll see if it is a plausible
> solution or not--install_initd should be used if available (think
> upgrades) with a fallback to a predefined order if not, for new installs.

I'm not sure I understand the objection to C. It's not really that
difficult to understand or maintain - the community has the skillset
required for a simple package like this one. Regardless, I volunteered
to take over maintenance of that package so you could consider LightCube
OS as upstream for that one, if you wish. I haven't had a chance yet to
put that code in an official location on our servers, but I will aim to
do so this week.

JH