svn bootscripts

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com
Tue May 31 20:34:25 PDT 2011

On 5/31/11 10:55 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> It just another package and I'd like to avoid that in LFS even if it is
> CMMI.  If the install of the bootscripts is basically copying files and
> setting some symlinks, we don't need a C program to do just that.

Well, yes, that is what it's doing, but it's also working out
dependencies on those scripts (from the headers) and determines startup,
shutdown order auto-magically based on those deps. Sure beats doing it
manually.

> OTOH, putting it into BLFS is not an issue with me.

OK. It's pretty core to the LSB script workings, to me it seems silly to
separate it, but that's your call.
(http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/initsrcinstrm.html)

JH