svn bootscripts

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:10:13 PDT 2011

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On 5/31/11 10:55 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> It just another package and I'd like to avoid that in LFS even if it is
>> CMMI.  If the install of the bootscripts is basically copying files and
>> setting some symlinks, we don't need a C program to do just that.
>
> Well, yes, that is what it's doing, but it's also working out
> dependencies on those scripts (from the headers) and determines startup,
> shutdown order auto-magically based on those deps. Sure beats doing it
> manually.
>
>> OTOH, putting it into BLFS is not an issue with me.
>
> OK. It's pretty core to the LSB script workings, to me it seems silly to
> separate it, but that's your call.
> (http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/initsrcinstrm.html)

Also see
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/swinstall.html#SWINSTALL-INTRO

They may say that you don't have to actually use rpm, but only that a
conforming application can process rpm packages.  I see little difference.

I don't see us putting rpm into LFS any time soon.

   -- Bruce