[lfs-dev] Latest updates

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:43:55 PDT 2012

Matt Burgess wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 16:18 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>> OK, I'll look at that when I finish with the LFS portion.  I'm learning
>> quite a bit about the new and wonderful world of Makefiles. :)
>
> New? Wonderful? Bruce, I think you've been hammering BLFS too hard just
> recently and need to take a break :-)

I just got back form a week off not too long ago.

How many Makefiles do we really create that are not from configure?
Not that many.

In this case, there are  10 programs and one shared library made up from
55 c files in 12 directories.  The Makefile is up to about 250 lines,
but there shouldn't be too many more.  Supports V=1 and DESTDIR too.
All the working files are in build/.

Compare to the systemd configure'd Makefile at 10202 lines.

   -- Bruce