[lfs-dev] udev-lfs-186

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:38:19 PDT 2012

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 04:53:35PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Armin K. wrote:
>>> On 07/14/2012 10:49 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>>
>>> Here are some corrections to your work. I've defined path to usb.ids and
>>> pci.ids, added common library to shared libudev because there are
>>> undefined references later when linking against that one. Also, I've
>>> modified installation to install gtk-doc htmldocs that are present there.
>>
>> What packages need additional references in libudev?  I tried to make
>> that exactly the same as the full systemd build.
>>
>> Also, is your target for these changes LFS or BLFS?  For BLFS I thought
>> we'd use the full systemd configure && make and then use a custom copy
>> for those things needed.  I don't think we need any custom Makefile or
>> other additional files for BLFS.
>>
>>     -- Bruce
>
>   Up until now, the BLFS instructions for various versions of udev
> (which is the one package where we mention multiple versions, i.e.
> whatever was installed in LFS) use the same instructions as for LFS,
> with extra configure switches and extra dependencies.  Now, we will
> need multiple versions of the instructions.
>
>   I've not built gudev in the last month or three, but I suspect that
> using the systemd configure will need libcap (or "libcap2" in the
> debian naming we've used) as a required dependency for 186.

The following blfs packages mention udev.

general/sysutils/udisks2.xml - required
general/sysutils/colord.xml - recommended
general/sysutils/upower.xml - required
general/sysutils/udisks.xml - required
gnome/add/gnome-boxes.xml -  required
gnome/add/cheese.xml - required
gnome/core/libwacom.xml - required
gnome/core/empathy.xml - optional
multimedia/libdriv/gst-plugins-base.xml - recommended
networking/netutils/networkmanager.xml - required
xfce/core/thunar-volman.xml - required
xfce/core/thunar.xml - optional

Upstream has created a fairly large problem for us that we need to
figure out how to work around.

   -- Bruce