[lfs-dev] Perl and Groff, plus some issues with BLFS

Wolf lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:07:18 PST 2012

On 11/10/2012 4:31 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Wolf wrote:
>> Why is Perl installed after Groff?
>
> It's not.  Groff uses perl and it is hard coded as /usr/bin/perl in
> several places.
>
>    If Groff was installed before Perl,
>> the man1dir and man3dir arguments to Perl's configure could be omitted,
>> as far as I know.
>
> Why is that important?
>
>     -- Bruce

It seems my earlier reply went not to the list, but to Bruce directly.
That was my fault. I meant to ask why Groff is installed after Perl,
seeing as the appendix states that Perl depends on Groff. It's not
extremely important, but it's strange. In addition, I noticed that the
Gnash page says the option "--enable-media=ffmpeg" is broken with ffmpeg
0.11.1, has it been tested with 1.0?