[lfs-dev] $100 for helping me understand/fix this

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:03:05 PST 2012

>On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:38:59 +0100
>Paige Thompson <erratic at devel.ws> wrote:

> I'm sorry :( I think you wrote a response just before mine and Im
> really sorry ... Im tired, my hormones are all messed up and my cat
> won't stop meowing and Im going crazy not because of this or anybody
> on the list... I need to relax and slow down and look over the
> documentation more which is admittedly the farthest thing from what I
> want to do but I have been wrong before

The best thing to do regarding LFS would be to just do what all of us
did - take the book, read it. Then take it again and do everything
manually. Then take it again and only then automate things.

If you are planning to use LFS as your one and only operating system,
know that it will probably take you about three years to produce a
system you are comfortable using. Regarding a system that you can use
in your life (as opposed to a system whose development is finished),
you may be able go complete it in maybe three months, assuming you know
what you are doing. Which you may or may not do.

But before ALL that, yeah, you probably should get some good rest.

--
   Fourth law of programming:
   Anything that can go wrong wi