[lfs-dev] 7.3 check-0.9.9

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:05:49 PST 2013

Billy O'Connor wrote:
> I dl'd the book sources and rendered it, then built a new LFS.
> Looks great, as always.  I must have fat-fingered something in chapter
> 5, though, because the configure script for check-0.9.9 didn't pick up
> the pthreads library and I had to add -lpthread to the Makefile by hand
> to get it to build.  This was the only hiccup I got out of the whole
> book.  Weird, right?  Easily fixed,though, and not a peep out of
> anything else.

Compare to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/7.3/core2duo/logs/041-check

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes

It sounds like a host/configure issue.

   -- Bruce