[lfs-dev] 7.3 check-0.9.9

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 5 12:41:49 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 14:05 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Billy O'Connor wrote:
> > I dl'd the book sources and rendered it, then built a new LFS.
> > Looks great, as always.  I must have fat-fingered something in chapter
> > 5, though, because the configure script for check-0.9.9 didn't pick up
> > the pthreads library and I had to add -lpthread to the Makefile by hand
> > to get it to build.  This was the only hiccup I got out of the whole
> > book.  Weird, right?  Easily fixed,though, and not a peep out of
> > anything else.
>
> Compare to
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/7.3/core2duo/logs/041-check
>
> checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
> checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
> checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
> checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
> checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
> checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
>
> It sounds like a host/configure issue.

Sounds more like the issue that Pierre reported on 25/11/12 ("Error with
check-0.9.9"), re-reported by him again on 13/12/12 ("Potential
pollution of toolchain by the host") and confirmed, in that thread, by
Yaacov-Yosev Weiss.

So far, we have reports of this failing on Debian Sid (Pierre) and
64-bit Suse LiveCD (Yaacov-Yosev).  Billy, what host are you on, out of
interest?

Thanks,

Matt.