[lfs-dev] 7.3 check-0.9.9

Matt Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 7 10:51:59 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 14:57 +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> Please add --with-sysroot to the configure switches in binutils-pass2.
> It is harmless (just adds a feature to ld), and corrects that bug.

I think you meant --with-build-sysroot, right?  The configure help
output for that says

--with-build-sysroot=SYSROOT
         use sysroot as the system root during the build

So, I assume just '--with-build-sysroot' is enough, i.e. setting it to a
null value? I still don't understand what that flag does and why/how it
fixes this issue.  More importantly, I don't understand if it will
affect our builds in any other way.

I'll see if I can dig out some docs, but if anyone knows in the mean
time, I'm all ears.

Ta,

Matt.