[lfs-dev] gcc checks

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:44:50 PDT 2013

Billy O'Connor wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> writes:
>> I am wondering if we ought to disable building libmudflap using the
>> obscure option --disable-libmudflap (It's not in configure's --help).
>>
>> This would eliminate a lot of questions about check failures.  I doubt
>> that it is used very often and it does seem to give some false positives.
>
> Is there a way to disable the testing of it?  Though I've only used
> mudflap on non-linux platforms, I'd hate to see the old thing go away.

Sure.  We could just remove the only test that fails:

mv ./libmudflap/testsuite/libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx \
    ./libmudflap/testsuite/libmudflap.c++/pass41-frag.cxx.disable

When I look at the code though, the failures could only be if there is a
problem in the optimization code (-O, -O2, -O3) or in the libmudflap
library itself.  My reaction to that code failing only with mudflap puts
that whole library in question for me.  There are 53000+ tests in g++
and 92000+ tests in gcc that all pass.

   -- Bruce