[lfs-dev] Booting with systemd

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun May 4 13:38:41 PDT 2014

Has anyone tried to boot systemd with a guid partition table (gpt)?

I have:

# Begin /etc/fstab

# file system  mount-point  type     options             dump  fsck
#                                                              order

/dev/sda6      /            ext4     defaults            1     1
/dev/sda2      /boot        ext2     defaults            1     2
/dev/sda4      /home        ext4     defaults            1     2
/dev/sda8      /usr/src     ext4     defaults            1     2
/dev/sda5      swap         swap     pri=1               0     0
proc           /proc        proc     nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
sysfs          /sys         sysfs    nosuid,noexec,nodev 0     0
devpts         /dev/pts     devpts   gid=5,mode=620      0     0
tmpfs          /run         tmpfs    defaults            0     0
devtmpfs       /dev         devtmpfs mode=0755,nosuid    0     0

Seems benign enough to me, but I keep getting timeouts trying to mount
/boot, /home, /usr/src, and swap.  It then demands the root passwd and
doesn't complete the boot.

I can run swapon -a and mount the other partitions manually when I do
get a prompt.

This system does have a uefi bios, but the secure boot is disabled.  The
standard LFS System V boot scripts have no problem.

Any ideas?

   -- Bruce