[lfs-dev] dbus, systemd, polkit, and consolekit

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Sat May 10 12:15:53 PDT 2014

	.
> > Unless I get some feedback in the next couple of days with solid
> > reasons that systemd, polkit, and consolekit are important, I am going
> > to replace systemd with eudev in LFS and minimize recommendations for
> > polkit and consolekit in BLFS.
> To my knowledge, Slackware is still built without polkit and (maybe)
> consolekit. Not all systems need them. And (FWIW) I agree that BLFS is a
> good place for them.

Slackware's had both - plus udisks*/udev/dbus/&c - for quite a few years
now; and the user can switch them on or off as they wish.

rgds,
akh

p.s. Drew, your messages to list are coming through with:
--
This might cause some problems for you in receiving replies via list,
since the server &c switchover of a few weeks back. You might need/want to