[lfs-dev] dbus, systemd, polkit, and consolekit

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat May 10 17:49:41 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 09:37:37PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Unless I get some feedback in the next couple of days with solid reasons
> that systemd, polkit, and consolekit are important, I am going to replace
> systemd with eudev in LFS and minimize recommendations for polkit and
> consolekit in BLFS.

 I see you've done that - if I sound grumpy it's because I'm still
debugging the changes I made to my own scripts to have the three
alternative builds [ found an interesting error in my own chapter 7
scripts - left a place for setting the systemd init (and did not set
sysvinit like the book did), with a comment, but forgot to code it :
init fell back to /bin/sh ].  Now plugging on, for what may well be
my last ever build of systemd.  Dunno, I suppose I might try it in
the distant future if I ever want to build gnome or kde, but that
does not look likely at the moment.  Anyway -

 Systemd brought in gperf (for the keymaps - I guess that eudev
could use it, if anyone has a need for these), acl, attr, libcap,
xml-parser.  Can we look forward to any of these additions returning
to BLFS ?

ĸen