[lfs-dev] r10560 - in trunk/BOOK: . appendices bootscripts bootscripts/lfs/init.d chapter01 chapter03 chapter05 chapter06

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sun May 11 10:46:30 PDT 2014

Le 11/05/2014 19:07, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Pierre Labastie wrote:

>>> Fixed in my sandbox.  I'm working on/testing the LTO patch for binutils right
>>> now and will fix the above with my next commit.
>
>> Maybe I was not clear enough. -fomit-frame-pointer has been the default for 32
>> bit (as well à 64 bit) since gcc-4.6. I guess that part should be totally
>> suppressed.
>
> I haven't built x86 in a while.  I can remove that part in both Chapters 5 and
> 6 if you think it doesn't make any difference.
>
>   -- Bruce

I did not test thoroughly, but if I believe the gcc docs and logs, yes, it
should make no difference... Actually, there is a switch in gcc's configure
(not the top configure) to enable -fno-omit-frame-pointer (notice the "no"),
which means, the "no" is not the default (sorry for the double negation).

Pierre