[lfs-dev] dbus, systemd, polkit, and consolekit

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Sun May 11 17:09:13 PDT 2014

>On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:55:37 +0200
>"Armin K." <krejzi at email.com> wrote:

> As for second question, hardware is not accessed by DBus. Programs
> merely ask DBus if the user is able to access certain device and if
> so, session manager will grant access to the device node using ACL's.
> Disk and Power management are done by separate daemons running as
> root, udisksd and upowerd most commonly.

Somewhat confusing.

> I am not preformance expert, but if you are using stuff that relies on
> things mentioned above, the preformance impact this delivers over the
> modern desktop environments is rather small.

Even though I often do it, I am opposed to discounting small
performance hits. One bit at a time, and even the mightiest desktop
will be no better than my made-in-2006 laptop.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.