[lfs-dev] dbus, systemd, polkit, and consolekit

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Sun May 11 17:14:18 PDT 2014

>On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:03:08 -0500
>Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:

> > Now, I think, they are trying to push this even further by
> > litterally shuting down virtual servers when they are on a light
> > load. So, I think they are trying to make a system where they have
> > few really high power CPUs that have many (read: too many) virtual
> > servers allocated to them, and they first start one batch of
> > servers, shut them down, start the next batch, run them through,
> > shut them down and then go to the first batch. All the while
> > promising even more performance to even more people while being
> > able to deliver less than they ever were (relative to what they
> > promised).
>
> That doesn't make any sense.  I can see copying memory to disk in a
> form of swap or hibernation, but not a shutdown/reboot.

I don't know if that is what they really do, but I suspect that is what
they do, at least in some instances. Maybe, if the system does not have
enough memory for hybernation, they shut it down?

It's also possible I am giving them more credit they they are due.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.