[lfs-dev] Essential Pre-reading

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:55:09 PDT 2014

Folks, I am still getting request for the updated version of this old hint.  I am not going to update it, and it has been unmaintained for over 9 years.  Don't you think it's time to take the pointer out of the SVN, and the next release?

If you do still want to keep it, and I'm honored that it's been there so long, I'd appreciate a little change in the pointer:

"Although it is very old and many of the links are now broken, this is an LFS Hint written specifically for users new to Linux.  Anyone attempting to install LFS should have an understanding of many of the topics in this hint. But please don't contact the author seeking a more recent version, there isn't one."

Regards,
Richard.