[lfs-dev] kernel options after removing systemd

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu May 15 08:19:41 PDT 2014

 I'm just catching up on the details of what has changed.  In
section 8.3 the rationale entries for all mentioned options are now
present - so far, so good.

 Unfortunately, automounter version 4 support is still shown as an
item to be selected.  It was certainly recommended for systemd, but
the last part of the rationale "this is needed to work around a bug
with network filesystems which are to be mounted on boot" ONLY
applied to systemd.

 IMHO we should not include the kernel automounter in LFS.  BLFS
already has that setting on its autofs page.

ĸen