[lfs-dev] kernel options after removing systemd

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:08:41 PDT 2014

Ken Moffat wrote:
>   I'm just catching up on the details of what has changed.  In
> section 8.3 the rationale entries for all mentioned options are now
> present - so far, so good.
>
>   Unfortunately, automounter version 4 support is still shown as an
> item to be selected.  It was certainly recommended for systemd, but
> the last part of the rationale "this is needed to work around a bug
> with network filesystems which are to be mounted on boot" ONLY
> applied to systemd.
>
>   IMHO we should not include the kernel automounter in LFS.  BLFS
> already has that setting on its autofs page.

I left that in as a shortcut for those who need the kernel automounter
so a kernel rebuild is not needed.  Does it hurt something?  Do we just
specify the minimum?

I know that there are lots of other places in BLFS that also have kernel
options, but this seemed relatively innocuous to me.

I suppose instead a link to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/longindex.html#kernel-config-index
might be appropriate.

   -- Bruce