[lfs-dev] kernel options after removing systemd

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu May 15 09:17:33 PDT 2014

> Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 16:19:41 +0100
> From: Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com>
> To: lfs-dev at lists.linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: [lfs-dev] kernel options after removing systemd
>
>  I'm just catching up on the details of what has changed.  In
> section 8.3 the rationale entries for all mentioned options are now
> present - so far, so good.
>
>  Unfortunately, automounter version 4 support is still shown as an
> item to be selected.  It was certainly recommended for systemd, but
> the last part of the rationale "this is needed to work around a bug
> with network filesystems which are to be mounted on boot" ONLY
> applied to systemd.
>
>  IMHO we should not include the kernel automounter in LFS.  BLFS
> already has that setting on its autofs page.

What _method_ is being used to revert the sysd changes; it instead seems
to be happening in a very piecemeal debris-strewn wander.

Although "it's a development branch", the work _was_ done such that
one can still at the very least be able to back-out changes cleanly,
right? You _can_ take the clean set of diffs since last pre-sysd version,
and cherry-pick and apply the relevant set readily, to fast-forward to
get latest non-sysd, right?

(This of course is in the absence of simply doing it right first time
around via proper basic best-practice use of rcs branchings.)

rgds,

akh