[lfs-dev] How change charset of html to utf-8

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat May 17 10:24:27 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 12:38:57AM +0800, Lei Tong wrote:
> I created html files from lfs xml sources, and I find that the charset of
> html file is iso-8859-1. How can I created html files which charset is
> utf-8?

 I think you will find that everything current in the LFS book is
actually in ASCII, of which both 8859-1 and UTF-8 are supersets.  In
other words, it ought to render ok for you.

 I do know that in BLFS, there is UTF-8 in at least the current
changelog, and firefox defaults to "Western" encoding until I alter
View -> Character Encoding.

 But perhaps we should now specify UTF-8 in the books ?

ĸen