[lfs-dev] kernel build failure on current lfs-dev

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed May 21 08:18:18 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 03:51:42PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  (Third attempt - the first time I attached my .config, but that
> made it too big for this list.  The config is now at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/tmp/config-3.14.4  And then I
> mistyped the to: address)

 [snipping all the detail]

 So, after reinstating the lto symlink (which matches how it was at
the first attempt), it built.  The box had been powered off for about
12 hours.

 I wonder if this was another variation on "my phenom occasionally
loses its lunch when compiling, and has to have the caches dropped,
and on bad occasions needs to continue with 'make -j3' (instead of
-j4)" ?

 On all the previous occasions when "the phenom problem" has shown
up, there has been a segfault.  This time there wasn't, only the as
message I posted, and I've not seen that message before.
<sigh/>

 Oh well, at least it seems to be back in business.

ĸen