[lfs-dev] LFS 7.5 Brazilian Portuguese Complete

Alberto Senna Dias Neto albertosdneto at gmail.com
Sun May 25 09:52:18 PDT 2014

> These are excellent news.
>
> May I just ask how long did it take you to translate the whole book?
> Also, what versions of OmegaT, Java runtime and po4a did you use?
>
> As a native pt_PT speaker I'm perfectly capable of following the book and
> from what I've seen so far, the translation is very good.
>
> Any idea when it will get out of alpha status?
>
> Regards,
> Eduardo
>
> Hello, Eduardo
As Steve suggest, as soon the users report experiences building the system
using only the translation version and We (all of us who can read/write
portuguese) make a grammatical review we can make it beta.
A student from a Brazilian college ( IFRN ) made contact with me saying
that her and her friends are going to use the translation to build a system
as an academic activity.
Let's see if they take this project to the end.

About the time it took to finish, I cannot answer properly, because I had
some serious personal (money and health) issues, and I had to stop the
translation more then once.
In fact, I started at version 7.3, it was about to get ready, and I had to
focus on my personal life.

About the software:
OmegaT: tested some versions, but end up with 3.0.6 because of the script
support. I will write a script to apply the translated po to the xml file.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/files/OldFiles/Releases/OmegaT%203.0.6/

po4a: 0.42

I am running Debian Wheezy.

Regards