[lfs-dev] Test failures in current svn

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon May 26 17:34:47 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:01:44AM +0200, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 25/05/2014 20:28, Ken Moffat a écrit :
> >Now that I've run them on i686 I see failures from 'setfacl' (Operation
> >not supported) - for 8 out of 24 tests. Looks as if these tests are only
> >likely to work if the partition is mounted with 'acl'. ĸen
> From current LFS svn:
> "The Acl tests need to be run on a filesystem that supports access controls
> after Coreutils has been built with the Acl libraries. If desired, return to
> this package and run *make tests* after Coreutils has been built later in
> this chapter."
>
> There was more information about tests when acl was in BLFS (see for example
> BLFS 7.5).
>
> You may recall that there has been also a discussion in this thread:
> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-support/2014-April/046769.html
>
> but I guess Bruce added the various users needed for the tests.
> Regards
> Pierre

 Thanks.  I had forgotten most of that.  When acl was in BLFS, I
only built it a couple of times (testing the BLFS releases) and I
didn't bother with the tests.  I'm not sure if I even needed to
build it, or whether it was just an optional dependency I pulled in
to try to get maximum package coverage.

 With LFS I try to run all the tests.  Mostly, the results
themselves are not important.  But changes to the results can
indicate possible problems.  I suppose I'll have to make myself a
note that _I_ should expect these tests to fail.  But for most of my
own builds I definitely will not be building acl.

ĸen