[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Oct 2 08:27:03 PDT 2014

On 10/02/2014 07:17 AM, Dan McGhee wrote:
> On 10/02/2014 02:28 AM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> If you write the hint, I'll be glad to review it, but I probably
>> won't test it. I don't want to re-enable uefi on my laptop. I have no
>> use for it.
> Thanks for this. As far as UEFI and testing the hint, do you have any
> students who might be interested in an "extra credit" project? (said
> the spider to the fly.) I can't test it either because of the HP hard
> code stuff. I'm going to post on -support in a bit and ask if there is
> anyone who is willing to help with the testing.

I've been thinking about what I said here. The statement "I can't test
it...," is not complete. I can test, and have tested, everything up to,
but not including, powering up and defaulting to the grub screen after I
upgraded, not a fresh install, to Win-8.1. I can take the place of the
default boot manager and select the boot loader that I want to use.
However, the engineer in me says that this is not adequate to say, "This
procedure works."

I don't want to write a hint that has not been tested in its entirety.
This is why I'd like to enlist one or two people to test the procedures
in the hint.

Dan