[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Oct 23 08:40:07 PDT 2014

> On Oct 17, 2014, at 11:48, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dan McGhee wrote:

>>> OK, I just updated the book to grub-2.02~beta2.  The build
>>> instructions are the same as before but omit a sed for a fix no longer
>>> needed.
>>>
>>> Testing on the same grub.cfg that I was using (Debian's with manual
>>> edits for LFS) worked without modification.
>>>
>>> I did not add a comment about rebuilding after fontconfig is available
>>> in BLFS.  That's probably appropriate for the hint though.
>>>
>>> If you write the hint, I'll be glad to review it, but I probably won't
>>> test it.  I don't want to re-enable uefi on my laptop.  I have no use
>>> for it.

I have attached a copy of the draft grub hint for review and comment.  Please reply to this list for any and all comments except negative ones.  Please address those to my sister who is an active employee of WWE and has made several TV appearances.  :)

OK, seriously, I will appreciate any and all comments.

I wanted to get this document out for review so it can be published about the time LFS-7.7 comes out.  I want to take a closer look at the initial location of the font unicode.pf2.  I lost my notes and I just want to double and triple check the accuracy of the hint.

Additionally, I want to specifically verify the grub.cfg, both as a file and from the grub shell.  Again, just to double and triple check.

I authored the document in Pages on my iMac.  I’m relatively unfamiliar with that app and so I hope the formatting is OK.  I’m particularly concerned about the 80 space column width.  The indications that I had in Pages was only in inches and I don’t know the conversion.

I really appreciate all the support I’ve gotten since I started this project a year ago, and, once again, I apologize for any whining and ranting I may have done.  Thanks.

Dan