[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 23 15:12:37 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 04:59:05PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:

> > ĸen - currently _suffering_ for his love of UTF-8 ;)
>
> I like UTF-8 also, but there are so many warnings in BLFS that I don’t use it on my laptop.

 Unless you use problematic (and very old) packages, I will suggest
that UTF-8 is the way to go, unless either of the following applies:

(i.) you have a lot of text files in legacy encodings

(ii.) you subscribe to email lists where many people use a legacy
encoding

 For the hint, letters in English should not be a problem - perhaps
your editor program has used some sort of "smart quotes" ?

ĸen