[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Oct 23 16:30:58 PDT 2014

On 10/23/2014 05:54 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I read through the hint.  I don't really have any comments on the
> content, but I do on some of the presentation--mostly minor.  I'll
> wait though until you reformat so we don't go through it multiple times.

  OK.  Hope I fixed it.  Let's try again.

Obviously, I've got to learn more about working in my iMac.  Some of the
lines wrapped 8-10 times in vim and there were some interesting
symbols.  Almost like escapes for things like ; ' and ".

Just so this doesn't get lost in the thread I'm going to test the hint
on an LFS-SVN jhalfs build.  The purpose is to nail down the initial
location of unicode.pf2 so that grub finds it during "make install" and
"grub-install."  I'm also going to "make it prettier" and more
readable.  Ultimately, I want to supply a "Table of Contents" so that it
can be searchable in a browser or text editor. I want to accomplish this
before it's published, hopefully about the same time LFS-7.7 is released.

Thanks, Bruce.