[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 23 19:28:50 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 06:30:58PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:

> I'm also going to "make it prettier" and more readable.  Ultimately, I want
> to supply a "Table of Contents" so that it can be searchable in a browser or
> text editor. I want to accomplish this before it's published, hopefully
> about the same time LFS-7.7 is released.

 Sounds like a job for TeX (and a PDF as the result) - but I think
that plain text is what we want in LFS hints - unless you have
webspace to host a PDF.  If you did want to do a PDF, xelatex would
let you use UTF-8 and (system, or texlive) otf/ttf fonts.

 Sorry, I'm just winding down after understanding a bug which
seriously affected my UTF-8 TeX usage, and now I'm getting a little
Mozart ( & Liszt ).¹

> Thanks, Bruce.

> USING GRUB ON UEFI
>

> AUTHOR: Dan McGhee <lfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> AUTHOR: Dan McGhee <hints-owner at linuxfromscratch dot org>

 Ah, trying to not publish your email.  In that case, you will
probably not want to host a PDF.

> LICENSE: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.2

 Your Hint, Your License - I guess you do not want people to
modify what you have written ?

 No comments on the text, I have no knowledge of such evil machines.

ĸen
¹ Rhyming slang.