[lfs-dev] grub-2.02~beta2

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Fri Oct 24 05:57:05 PDT 2014

> On Oct 23, 2014, at 21:28, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 06:30:58PM -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:
>>

>> USING GRUB ON UEFI
>>

>> AUTHOR: Dan McGhee <lfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
>> AUTHOR: Dan McGhee <hints-owner at linuxfromscratch dot org>
>>

> Ah, trying to not publish your email.  In that case, you will
> probably not want to host a PDF.

At first blush, I thought not to respond here.  Obviously changed my mind.  I know that any time I post to any of the lists my e-mail address is not hidden.  I would prefer to have discussions of the hint take place in the venue of the lists so that all can see what is written.  No ulterior motives.

>> LICENSE: GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.2
>>

> Your Hint, Your License - I guess you do not want people to
> modify what you have written ?

I have problems with licenses and copy rights.  That’s why I like open source so much.  It is a requirement of the format of the hint to reference a license, and although I did not read this one in its entirety, I understand that anyone can do anything to the hint as long as they acknowledge me as the original author.  I don’t even care about that.  It just seemed like the minimum to satisfy a requirement I do not support.

After all, if copyrights and licenses would have been the “law of the land” throughout the history of civilization, we would not have the printing press, the Bible, the works of Plato, Thomas Aquinas, Bach, Mozart or Beethoven.  I don’t rank with those fellows.

> No comments on the text, I have no knowledge of such evil machines.
But you read the hint.  Don’t you have knowledge of them now.?  :)

Dan