[lfs-dev] 7.5. General Network Configuration

Richard Melville richard.melville69 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 25 03:59:59 PDT 2014

On 25 October 2014 11:45, Alexey Orishko <alexey.orishko at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Richard Melville
> <richard.melville69 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > To expand on Bryan's point: Is this just a putative IPv6 LAN or do you
> have
> > an IPv6 address block from your ISP?
>
> I don't have an ISP. I'd like to build IPv6 test network and see how
> it works on PC with LFS build in dhcp and static address assignment
> mode.

Here's a good basic introduction to IPv6:-

http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/428331-ipv6-crash-course-for-linux

And here's an excellent detailed article from our ISP, especially on the
creation of IPv6 addresses using your hardware MAC addfresses, and the
creation of an IPv6 LAN:-

http://aa.net.uk/kb-broadband-ipv6-tech.html

Richard