[lfs-dev] suse as a host when using jhalfs

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Oct 29 15:23:19 PDT 2014

Le 29/10/2014 19:06, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> I ran into a curious issue last night.  I was demonstrating jhalfs to a
> student using suse as a host.  I got a complaint that the wget program was too
> old.  Upon examination, it appears that the version there has the version
> number stripped out from 'wget --version'.
>
> The work around of course was to install the current version from source, but
> I haven't seen something like that before.
>
>   -- Bruce

Hi,

The version checks in jhalfs are fragile, because they depend on an expected
behavior or the excutable. Actually, the tested version of wget is 1.0.0,
which does not exist, but is lower than any known version: the aim is just to
test wget presence. Any version will do.

Of course, if Suse strips the version number, this does not work. I guess you
can answer c<ret> if you are sure that you have wget. But I agree it is annoying.

I'll try a VM machine with Suse tomorrow (which version actually?)

Pierre