[lfs-dev] LFS trac spam

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:25:29 PST 2015

Pontus Karlsson wrote:
> Did you try blacklisting their IP?
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM, <pontusjoncarlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you try blacklisting their IP?

It's a little hard to figure out the IP.  It's done via http.  I looked
at the apache log, but it has 573K lines right now.

I see I still get attempts to register at the -patches mailing list so
spam can be sent to that list.  That's from multiple IP addresses.

13189 attempts in less than 4 days from 251 different IP addresses.

Ah, the wiki.linuxfromscratch.org is a little easier.  Only 24K lines in
that log.  18 newticket POST commands.  The offending IP address appears
to be 192.3.180.130.  The previous offending post was from 23.95.40.127.

Both of those seem to be hosted in New York state, but by different
ISPs.  In other words, a botnet.

   -- Bruce