[lfs-dev] LFS trac spam

Pontus Karlsson jonet at okuejina.net
Fri Jan 16 13:33:17 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> jonet at okuejina.net wrote:
>
>> What format do you have on your apache logs? You could probably just
>>
> cut out the IP addresses, count each IP-numbers occurrence and use those
> statistics to determine who to blacklist and not.
>
> It would not work since the logs are created after the spam is posted.
>
>  Since it’s attacks on multiple systems blacklisting kind of seems
>> like
>>
> the only option, that or restricting all systems with whitelisting
> policies which.
>
> That's basically what I'm doing.
>
>  Could you add my account on Trac as allowed to post issues? My
>>
> username is jonet.
>
> Done.
>
>   -- Bruce
>
> P.S.  Please do not top post.
>

> --

Sorry about the top posting, my usual email client doesn't let me pick if I
want to append or prepend my answer.

I'm not sure whether or not I'm missing something, but I can't find any
alternatives to post new issues on the tracker.
I haven't submitted any issues before, so I might be missing something
though.