[lfs-dev] glibc-2.21 failed tests and minor fix

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 1 17:48:31 PST 2015

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 10:16:44PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> 5.7. Glibc-2.21:
>
> s/Fix is regression/Fix regression/
>
> 6.9. Glibc-2.21
>

> Seven failures in the tests. Following three not in the book.
>
> FAIL: grp/testgrp
> FAIL: posix/globtest
> FAIL: pwd/tst-getpw
>
> Problem seems to be the necessity of /etc/passwd and /etc/group with
> user:group 0:0 all defined. After copied the ones from the host (Mint),
> those tests passed:

 Nice analysis.  I did not see these failures because I always create
/etc/passwd and /etc/group on my way into chroot.  My notes suggest
that is because I got pissed off with a lack of name resolution,
which might have been 'I have no name', or might have been issues
with trying to chown files and logs to a non-root user, or even
just issues with conditional tests when I had to re-enter chroot
after leaving it.  Apart from jhalfs, there are many "approximately
correct" ways of scripting as there are builders.

 While we are talking about failures, I continue to see around 17 or
18 gcc failures on my x86_64 gcc builds, mostly in the torture
tests, and 3 in perl.  But hey, they're tests, nobody should care
;-)  And I have not build i686 on real hardware so far.

ĸen