[lfs-dev] glibc-2.21 failed tests and minor fix

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:56:27 PST 2015

Pierre Labastie wrote:

>> Not amazing, but shaming. It was an actual mistake. For some reason, I
>> only included in the script the first block of commands.
>>
>> Restarting build of chapter 6.
>>
> Everybody makes mistakes. I made a big one yesterday on one
> of the lists, that nobody seems to have noticed (I'm so
> ashamed that I won't tell you which one...). I hope it did not
> mislead to much the person asking for help.

Come on guys.  Everybody makes mistakes.  It's part of being human.  The
objective of software engineering is no so much preventing mistakes as much as
removing them as early as possible in the process.  Pursuing immediate
perfection is not reasonable.

LFS/BLFS is extremely complex.  We, as are upstream developers, are in a
continual process of identifying mistakes and removing them.  Of course many
eyes helps identify the problems sooner rather than later.

   -- Bruce