[lfs-dev] kmod tests have changed

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:22:02 PST 2015

For kmod-20, when I run 'make check' in the LFS environment, I get:

make[1]: Entering directory '/sources/kmod-20'
make[1]: git: Command not found
make[1]: git: Command not found
Making check in .
make[2]: git: Command not found
make[2]: git: Command not found
   GEN      build-module-playground
make -C testsuite/module-playground
make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=$PWD
make[4]: *** /lib/modules/3.19.0-lfs-7.7-rc1/build: No such file or directory.
Stop.
Makefile:52: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make[3]: *** [modules] Error 2

etc

We don't have git in chroot of course and we don't have /lib/modules either.

If I do run in a full environment I get 15 PASS results but also messages like:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /mnt/lfs)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

The question is how to address this.  My first try is:

This package does not come with a test suite that can be run in the LFS chroot
environment.  At a minimum the git program is required and several tests will
not run outside of a git repository.

   -- Bruce