[lfs-dev] incorrect md5sum in LFS 7.7?

Clyde McKenney clyde.mckenney at me.com
Wed Mar 11 11:43:31 PDT 2015

Hello,

Please forgive my being a novice.

I am trying to follow the LFS book version 7.7 (non-systemd). In Chapter 3.1, Packages and Patches, the md5sums file for the wget-list of packages includes the md5sum

01e9eee2a7b6a59895a6df224c5fc2dd

for package LFS-bootscripts-20150222.tar.bz2, but

the md5sum shown for that package in the following chapter 3.2 is

614ac06496072ddc12659644b600c427,

which I believe is the correct md5sum.

As a result, anyone who uses the md5sums file supplied to check their downloads using the wget-list file supplied will get an error.

I just wanted to report this to someone. Thanks.