[lfs-dev] E2fsprogs and libquata.a

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 12 09:42:00 PDT 2015

6.28. E2fsprogs-1.42.12

I mentioned the other day that I had a problem (and did mention it was
my fault) installing this package. Today, I've tried to fix it.

However, spent quite a time checking if I had done it correctly, and
found two differences with the book (probably my fauls):

First, minor problem, it installs /usr/sbin/mklost+found. It is
described in "Short Descriptions", but not listed in "Installed programs".

Second, I could not find /usr/include/quota nor libquota.a

Only mention to libquota.a in the logs is
GEN_LIB libquota.a

e2fsprogs-1.42.12/build/lib/libquota.a

In Mint-17.1 x86_64 (Mate), I can't find it, neither.

--
[]s,
Fernando