[lfs-dev] More on static libs

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 13 10:39:39 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:17:06AM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> When I restored libc_nonshared.a, I did not get any failures.
>
>   -- Bruce
My build is still going on (a resarted gcc stopped shortly after I
went to bed), so it is a bit too soon for me to report my current
status.  But I have reluctantly concluded that libc_nonshared.a is
needed as a general static lib : zlib could not link libz.a without
it, and then a configure test to see if the C compiler was working
failed without it.

Gcc (libatomic/) also needs the nonshare pthread lib, so I have
reinstated that too for the rest of my build.

ĸen