[lfs-dev] Automake SBUs may be incorrect

Douglas R. Reno renodr2002 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:15:56 PDT 2015


Hi Everyone,

As part of my most recent build (A LFS 7.7 on VMWare, 64bit for BLFS
Development), I decided to run the Automake test suite. I normally do not
do this, however I figured I would try it out. I ran "make -j4 check" and I
still ended up with 60 SBUs (6 hours at 10 minutes per SBU). This could be
related to the fact that I was using VMWare. I was also using a LiveCD for
the construction of the system (SystemRescueCD with the addition of Bison
and Texinfo).

On a side note, I am building another 7.7 system on my laptop (LFS 7.6,
KDE) and I am getting a value of 9 minutes and 40 seconds. I am hoping that
once I am into the new system that the SBU time is faster.

Thank you,

Douglas R. Reno
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/attachments/20150318/c6d3eb4b/attachment.html>


More information about the lfs-dev mailing list