[lfs-dev] Automake SBUs may be incorrect

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:11:02 PDT 2015

Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> My Core i7 is a 6 core with Hyperthreading as well. I am forced to run
> Windows though because the monitoring tools and software provided by the
> motherboard is needed for the Chipset to function properly, and that is
> stupid as. The machine also has a forced UEFI BIOS (an ASUS one) and there
> is no way to disable secure boot. However, I can run VMWare with all 6
> cores and a max of 15GB of RAM. I will look and see at a later time if I
> can get LFS on one of my RAIDed drives, however.

Hmm.  I have an ASUS X99-A motherboard.  It was tricky, but I was able to
disable the UEFI software.  Debian installed a uefi partition and the system
insisted that it must use uefi, but when I removed the partition, it went back
to a standard BIOS type of boot.

I don't use RAID, but I'd recommend a non-raid grub partition (1 Meg) and a
non-raid /boot (200M).  Once the kernel boots, then you can mount / as a raid
partition with the correct drivers built into the kernel.

   -- Bruce