[lfs-dev] nosym branches

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 10 21:37:29 PST 2016

Howdy all. You might have noticed the nosym branches in SVN. This
removes the /usr/lib64 symlink and replaces the /lib64 symlink with a
directory containing only the symlinks to the dynamic loader for x86_64.
The changes are actually pretty minimal, excluding the change to
t-linux64 in the gcc builds and all of the removed changes to ltmain.sh
(..lib/whatever.la has been moved), there are changes to eight packages
in BLFS and one in LFS (where libdir must be specified). AFAICT, those
nine changes should have no effect on builds where GCC is not modified.
Although it's already been tested pretty thoroughly, I'd appreciate just
a tad of wider testing before the changes land in trunk. If you've
already built from the patches that have been floating around in my home
directory over the past few months, then you are already up to date with
the branches.

TIA

--DJ