[lfs-dev] LFS and 32-bit systems

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 09:29:42 PST 2016

Do any of you still have a 32-bit Intel system that you use to test/run LFS?

I am thinking about rewriting the LFS preface section on architecture to say:

The primary target architecture of LFS is the AMD/Intel x86_64 (64-bit)
CPU. In addition instructions are included that allow a build on older
32-bit Intel CPUs, but testing is not regularly done on that architecture.
The instructions in this book are also known to work, with some
modifications, with the Power PC and ARM CPUs.  ...

I would then remove the second and third paragraphs and the small table
between them.

What do you think?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/architecture.html

   -- Bruce