[lfs-dev] [lfs-book] r11154 - in trunk/BOOK: . chapter01 chapter05 chapter06

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Dec 17 01:18:23 PST 2016

On 17/12/2016 07:46, dj at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: dj
> Date: Fri Dec 16 22:46:18 2016
> New Revision: 11154
>

> Merge nosym branch.
>
> [...]
There is a note in "6.10. Adjusting the Toolchain", telling:
"On 64-bit systems, the path above will be
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/6.2.0/../../../../lib64/. This reduces
to /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib64 is a symlink that points to /usr/lib."

Hopefully, this is no more true. I haven't built with the new layout
yet, so I am not sure how what should be changed, or whether the note
should remain, sorry for not proposing a fix.

Also (nitpick): in the changelog, I do not understand what filesystemd
means in "Adjust installation of glibc, gcc, and libcap to account for
filesystemd changes." OK, there is a typo (s/d/s/), but I am not sure it
has anything to do with filesystems anyway. Maybe "Adjust installation
of glibc, gcc, and libcap to account for directory layout changes."???

Regards,
Pierre