[lfs-dev] Two changes to consider for 8.0

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 31 04:44:36 PST 2016

On December 31, 2016 5:53:15 AM CST, John Frankish <john.frankish at outlook.com> wrote:

>I've followed LFS to build a toolchain several times, except that I
>built gold and used isl as a dep.
>
>With all of the toolchains, wherever other packages automatically use
>gold (libreoffice and others) compilation fails for different
>non-obvious (to me at least) reasons until gold is disabled.

I'll be able to check it out soon. How are you using gold? -B?

>it is also not obvious whether binutils needs compiling against isl
>(there is a configure switch for it).

This is only for the top level configure, which IIRC is used for GCC as well (and gdb, glibc, etc.). It's not needed by binutils. There is a second level configure for each of the packages in the package name subdirectory that is specific to that package.

--DJ