[lfs-dev] LFS DEV 6.59 KBD 2.0.3 resizecons

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:50:54 PDT 2016

William Harrington wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Has anyone verified these commands, lately?
>
> As far as latest CLFS builds, not including the following commands:
>
> sed -i 's/\(RESIZECONS_PROGS=\)yes/\1no/g' configure
> sed -i 's/resizecons.8 //' docs/man/man8/Makefile.in
>
> Results in resizecons not being built or installed.
> The commands may have been carried over from previous KBD releases.
>
> If that is the case, the commands may be removed.

Ken added those commands about 4 years ago with the comment:

Remove the redundant resizecons program (32-bit x86
only, needs the defunct svgalib, which predates linux-2.6 and is
incompatible with modern KMS, to provide the video mode files - for normal
use setfont sizes the console appropriately) and its manpage

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/browser/trunk/BOOK/chapter06/kbd.xml?rev=9859

The wording has been changed slightly since.

I haven't checked, but I suspect resizecons is still redundant.

   -- Bruce