[lfs-dev] Makefile for merged book

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 10:23:28 PDT 2016

Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to improve wget-list and md5sums generation. Note that it
> gives the same result as before for md5sums (but the information given
> while running make is improved, and the target depends on the correct
> stylesheet). For wget-list, it also fixes the content of wget-list, which
> was always the whole set of packages, independant on the setting of REV. I
> have also changed the names of intermediate files, but feel free to drop
> that...

Since there only a few packages that differ between sysv and systemd (sysv
+ systemd + dbus) I set up the wget list to always get all the packages
for both revisions.

I didn't start out that way so the "for sysv" comment is wrong.  It should be:

Generating consolidated wget list at $(BASEDIR)/wget-list ...

I'd prefer to leave it that way.  It is important for the daily currency
scripts. The extra downloads only add about 2% to the total download size.

Note that the BLFS wget file is consolidated also, but I'm not aware of
anything in the sysv version that is not in the systemd version.

   -- Bruce